- The day before your spray tan exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating scrub or washcloth. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet, neck, chest, ankles and hands (anywhere that is typically dry).
- After you exfoliate, moisturize your skin.
- The day of your spray tan take a shower and shave but DO NOT Moisturize your skin. Moisturizer can create a barrier, preventing the absorption of the tanning solution.
- Do not wear deodorant or makeup during your spray tan.
- For best results, schedule waxing and manicure/pedicure appointments at least a day before your spray tan.
- Wear flip-flops or loose shoes.
- Tight clothing can rub the tan completely off in most areas. It is recommended to wait at least 5 hours before putting on tight clothing.
- If you choose to wear underwear during the session, wear black. The solution will wash out but can dull light colors.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- After your tanning session, wait at least 6 to 12 hours before showering.
- Shower using a body wash or shower gel. These contain less alkaline than regular bar soap. You will see the cosmetic bronzer wash off, this is normal.
- Avoid perspiring and be careful when washing hands and other activities as this may cause tan to streak until first shower.
- Moisturize twice a day with alcohol-free lotion. Hydrated skin makes your tan last longer and slows down the process of natural skin exfoliation. Alcohol based products are drying to the skin and can cause the tan to fade quicker and unevenly. We recommend the tan extender cream we offer which adds a little color and helps keep your golden glow even.
- Taking long, hot baths or soaking in the pool can accelerate exfoliation and fade your tan.
- When swimming or soaking in the hot tub, use a waterproof sunscreen to help seal it in. The tan will still fade a little, but this will slow down the process.
- DO NOT sit directly on leather or light fabric seats and furniture after your tanning session. Sit on a towel or cloth instead.